Skip to Content
Youth | Families | Helpers & Educators
Need Help Now?
Services Map button
Self-Checks button
Links and Resources button
Mental Health Concerns

Most mental health concerns are short-lived and generally do not affect all areas of a child or teen’s life. To make sure any mental health concerns a child or teen might have do not become overwhelming it is important to start help early.

If you have concerns about a young person you’re working with, you could:

  • Contact a community mental health worker, school guidance counsellor, school psychologist, nurse or other health practitioner. If you don’t have access to one of these resources, you may need to contact a referral centre.

  • Contact your Regional Health Authority (RHA) to find out what Child and Adolescent Mental Health services are available in your part of the province.

    • Find the contact information on your RHA’s website on their mental health services page.

    • If you don’t know which RHA serves your community, visit the Regional Health Authorities of Manitoba website for a map of the boundaries of each RHA.

  • Visit Getting Help on this website for assistance in your area and across Manitoba.

Learn about how to identify mental health concerns on our What do Mental Health Concerns Look Like? page.